Friday, July 25, 2014

Lolita Lacquer - Glamour Gals collection (swatches and review)

Today I have some new polishes from Lolita Lacquer to share with you!

Lolita Lacquer is a new indie brand created by the sweet Yamira Vanegas of California! All polishes are hand mixed and 5-free!




Now onto the swatches!

First up, I have Frozen Heart! This one is is inspired by the animated movie Frozen, which I love love love! It is packed full of white hex, blue holo and matte hex in a clear jelly base. Now, I know this collection is all about the ladies, but I decided to make my swatch represent Olaf because I adore him..hehe! With Olaf in mind I layered this beauty over Sinful Colors Innocent to represent Olaf...in SUMMMAH! Lol! Here I did 2 coats on my middle nail and just 1 one the others.




_________________________________________________________________________________

Next up is Always Audrey. This is an amazing teal cream that is reminiscent of Audrey Hepburn and how beautifully classy she was. I had an ooops moment with this one, though it had nothing to do with the polish itself. I did some great nailart that was my interpretation of her famous necklaces worn in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Ya know, the one with several strands of pearls and that gorgeous pendant in the center? I was quite proud of it, but I accidentally DELETED it!!! I was so mad.

Anyway, back to the polish. This one has a great formula and is opaque in 2 super smooth coats. A beautiful color for summer!





_________________________________________________________________________________

Next I have Black Bettie! This one is obviously inspired by the absolutely fierce, yet classy Betty Page. It's a black holo with dazzling gunmetal flakies. It is so flippin pretty in the sunlight! Gah! This one dries to a bit of a texture, which I really like, but I went ahead and topped mine with glossy topcoat. I did 2 flawless coats for opacity and added some acrylic paint roses inspired by the roses Betty Page was often photographed wearing in her hair.





_________________________________________________________________________________

Lastly I have Miss Marilyn, which was inspired by the lovely and ever classic Marilyn Monroe! It is jam packed full of gold glitters and flakies; absolutely beautiful. To achieve full opacity I did 3 generously dabbed on coats. This also looks amazing as a one coat topper over any color base. On my accent nail, I used Vapid Lacquers Optimist and acrylic paint to draw my Marilyn-esque lips and beauty mark.





_________________________________________________________________________________

I was really pleased with the formulas of all of these polishes and I like how they were so different from each other, but came together in the collection so well. Yamira, you really did great! I can't wait to see what you create next!

You can visit Lolita Lacquer's shop here and be sure to follow them on instagram!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment