Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Liquid Frosting Nail Color - swatches and review

Liquid Frosting was opened in 2012 and is owned and operated by Brendolyn Marie. It is a vegan and 5 free indie brand.




I have two polishes to share with you today!

First up is Sugar Coat Me. This is a pale pink with a subtle lavender glow when the light hits it! It's a really beautiful color. I did 3 coats plus topcoat. I think I would categorize this in the jelly-ish family, yes I'm making up words! It's more opaque like a cream but Is a bit thicker like jellies. I guess that may actually stick it in the crelly category. My first 2 coats left it looking a tad streaky and bald in some spots. The 3rd coat helped to even it out. (The nail studs in the last pic were purchased from Winstonia Store)



_________________________________________________________________________________

Next up, is Well, Hello Yellow! I've mentioned in previous posts that I am not really a fan of yellow polishes, but this is pretty. It is more pastel than my pics show, though in sunlight it was a touch brighter. It also has a beautiful silvery frost glow to it in sunlight. I again did 3 coats plus topcoat. I would also categorize this into the crelly family. much thicker than a cream, but more opaque than jellies.




_____________________________________________________________________________

When I first tried these, I wasn't really a fan to be honest.  I found I had to be much more patient in letting coats semi-dry before adding another; otherwise they came out a little streaky. I've come to realize that this is not an issue with the actual formula of the polishes, rather a preference for myself. I believe I am a tried and true cream girl..haha. I compared these to a few of the jellies and crellies I own, and see that they are just that...crellies. 

Check out Liquid Frosting for more lovely colors! You can visit her shop here or swing by her instagram. You can also check out another of my fellow instagram nail gal's swatches for more colors, @selinarockwell.

Thank you for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment