Thursday, June 12, 2014

Vapid Lacquer - Thermal Holos (Swatches and Review)

The lovely Krys of Vapid Lacquer has done it again! This time....THERMAL HOLOS! Best of both worlds!


Now , until she made these, I have only ever tried1 actual thermal. Though the one I have changes colors as promised, the formula was horrific! (no I will not say who it was made by) :)

Krys' thermal holos have the same amazing formula as all of her other polishes. They only take 2 coats for full coverage and they shine all on their own without topcoat.


_________________________________________________________________________________

First is Betwixt. In its warm state it is a beautiful icy blue, but as it gets cool it turns to a wonderful dusty purple. So beautiful! As I put it on, it slowly changed to the icy blue, but my tips stayed purple for awhile. As I'm looking at them now just the edge of my tip is purple...I must be hot blooded!



The video below begins with it in its warm icy blue state, then I dipped my fingers into cold water which turned them that gorgeous purple shade. The transition back to warm was pretty quick because this was shot outside in the sun.



Warm state.....
 


Cold state.....


Transition.....



Up close and personal (macrofied)

_________________________________________________________________________________

Next up is Misconfuzzled. This one is a gorgeous yellow, with a slight hint of lime when warm and transitions to a beautiful coppery rose color when cold. Ahhh! It's just so freaking pretty and surprisingly my fav even though I'm not generally a yellow fan!
                                       


The video shows Misconfuzzled in it's warm yellowy state, then it changes to the coppery color as I dip my fingers into cold water!


Warm state.....


Cold state.....


Transition.....



Macrofied.....


_________________________________________________________________________________

Thirdly, I have Misconfuxiated. Amazing lilac when warm that changes to a darker purple when cold! I had a hard time get good bottle color shots for this one, but you can see below how well it changes on the nail! (please excuse the smudges at the end of my ring and index finger; I didn't wait long enough and kept hitting my tips on the bottom of the cups..haha!)



In this video it starts in its warm lilac state and changes to the darker purple when dipped into cold water!



Warm state....


Cold state.....


Transition.....



Close up macro.....
_________________________________________________________________________________

Lastly I have How'd You Do That? Something about blue polishes I just can't get enough of! This one is a lighter blue, with a tad of teal in it when warm, but changes to a deeper blue when cold. Again the bottle shots do not do it justice, but on the nail it's so awesome!



In this video I had to shoot it in the bathroom because my neighbor was mowing..haha! It starts in its lighter blue warm state, then turns darker blue in the cold water. You can see it begin to transition back at the end of the video.


Warm state.....


Cold state.....


Transition.....



Booyah! Macro.....
_________________________________________________________________________________

Krys really did a great on on these and has forever changed my opinion about thermals! They all have amazing formulas, are opaque in 2 coats, don't require topcoats (unless you plan on wearing them for more than a day or two) and that holo..oh that holo!

These will be available in Krys' shop, Friday, June 13th!
You can visit the shop at www.vapidlacquer.com and follow her on instagram here!
Also be sure to scroll through my blog for previous reviews of Vapid Lacquer polishes that are still available!

Thank you for reading! have a wonderful day!




3 comments:

  1. Oooohhh! These are gorgeous! Adding to my WL for SURE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most thermals I own kinda suck, but these were awesome!

      Delete
  2. I have read your blog its very attractive and impressive. I like it your blog.
    tips for phone interview

    ReplyDelete