Thursday, August 28, 2014

Krucial Cosmetics - Autumn 2014 Collection (swatches and review)


Hi everyone! Today I have swatches and my review of Krucial Cosmetics Autumn 2014 collection!
Krucial Cosmetics was founded in April 2014 by the lovely Kaitlyn McCarthy. Based in New Jersey, she creates handmande, all-natural and organic cosmetics, beauty products and 5-free nail polish.


Krucial Cosmetics


__________________________________________________________________________________________

Scarecrow is like a light rust, with more brown undertones. It has a really pretty frosty finish and scattered holo throughout.I did 3 coats plus topcoat, but depending on your nail length and your VNL, you could likely be just fine with 2 coats. I used topcoat, but this is very shiny on its own, so if you don't plan on keeping it on longer than a day or two, you really don't need it.






Fall Foliage is a beautiful medium yellow with a gorgeous rusty, gold sheen. (best seen in the macro and bottle shot). I did 3 coats, but again 2 would be sufficient. 






Harvest Moon is an absolutely amazing, bright amber color, with a more subtle scattered holo. I did 3 coats for picture purposes, but 2 is opaque. This color is so gorgeous! Great formula and no need for topcoat unless you plan to wear it for awhile.






Crisp Air is a sky blue with a frosted finish and beautiful scattered holo throughout. In some lights it appears more of a dusty blue with grey tones, but I realized while taking pictures that it matched the sky perfectly! This one is completely opaque in just 2 coats.






Indian Summer is one of my favs! Stunning copper in color with an almost foil-like apperance! So crazy gorgeous! This may be 2 coats for some people, but I was easily able to do just 1! Love me some 1 coaters! I just couldnt get over the finish on it! So much metallic shine!






Fly South is a dusty deep lavender with scattered holo throughout. It is absolutely beautiful! I did 3 coats here, but again 2 is sufficient. That holo! Oh that holo!



 I was very pleased with the formulas of all of the polishes and the colors are amazing.When I first received the collection, I thought all of the the rust-like colors were too similar. I was cheerfully surprised at how different they actually are. A duller rusty-brown, a vibrant amber and an amazing copper! I'm wowed!

Be sure and check Krucial Cosmetics out on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and of course their shop!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I love all of these but i thnk scarecrow is my favorite. You take such great swatch pictures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey! I like Scarecrow too, but Indian Summer is my fav!

      Delete