Thursday, June 11, 2015

I,A.M...CustomColor - Venture Bros "Dia De Los Dangerous" Collection (swatches and review)

Hi guys! Today I have a new collection coming from Ashlie of I,A.M...CustomColor! The Venture Bros "Dia De Los Dangerous" Collection! As always, Ashlie provided perfect descriptions for each polish. Her descriptions will be in italics and my notes will be in regular font.


Lets jump right in!

Operation Prom- a beige based nude Holo with lots of gold and holographic gold glitters throughout. This was inspired by a prom dress my sister got!

This is one of my favorites of the collection! You know me and my obsession with nudes! This was just two coats, plus topcoat. If you are in a rush, you could likely get away with one thicker coat. Be sure to topcoat this one, as the glitters stay a tad raised when it dries.



The Family that Slays Together... Stays Together - a White Grelly ( Jelly with Glitter) has blue matte, metallic and holographic glitters in varying sizes, has a gorgeous blue shimmer throughout.
This polish is inspired by the Hank and Dean Venture, but mostly Hank. Lol.

Man, I just love white crellies! For this one I did two coats, plus topcoat. Depending on how you apply it, you may need to add a third.





Mid Life Chrysalis - This is the ChromaFlair (Shifty) polish that shifts from Green to Purple with tons of Spectraflair holo and green to blue UCC Flakies throughout! This polish was inspired by the episode, where Thaddeus Venture turns into a giant black and green Caterpillar. 
Here is the episode- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvsXHnvxxNQ

For my photos, I did just two coats, plus topcoat; with the second coat being a tad thicker. This would also look pretty amazing as one coat over any dark base, which would really bring out the shiftyness! I personally really liked it on its own!





Assassinanny 911 - A gorgeous Vampy Cranberry Ultra Holo with black micro flakies that sparkle red. Inspired by the Character Molotov Cocktease!
Here is the episode-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAD1WOMsogs

I love colors like this! I mean I love summery colors, but dark vampy colors really make my heart go pitter pat! Two beautifully smooth coats plus topcoat! This was actually pretty opaque in one coat, but the second really deepened the color! And...do you see that holo?! Mmmm!





Tears of the Sea Cow - An Orange Ultra Holo with green to blue iridescent flakies. ( Looks like a monarch butterfly!) This color was inspired by the Monarch!

This one had the most amazing formula! So freaking smooth! If you are in a hurry, you could probably do one coat and be on your way, but two coats really deepens the color and makes it more true to the color in the bottle. Just a small warning...I have two repairs on my nails using the Orly Repair Kit, this polish really stained the repaired areas. It did not stain my natural nails at all; must be something about the "acrylic" that soaked up the color. Other than that, this was pretty close to being my favorite of the collection!





The Dr. is Sin - This is a fun and jam packed gold and purple holographic and metallic glitter Bomb. This was inspired by the inside of the Cocoon, the Monarch's home. 

Such a gorgeous combo of glitter! I did two thin coats over China Glaze "What's She Dune?". I did not have my bottle upside down and really didn't have to do any fishing at all. To pick up the larger circle glitters, I just swirled my brush around and was able to snag some pretty easily.





20 Years to Midnightt- This is a gorgeous Silver Holographic Glitter Bomb that Glows in the Dark. There are stars and moons, large dots, squares, micro glitters galore! This was inspired by the inquisitor in this episode.

Beautifully blingy! For my photos I did one coat over OPI "I Sao Paulo Over There" and two coats Luxe Lacquer's "Rose" on my pinky. I really wanted to show this over my bare nail, but I did this one right after Tears of the Sea Cow, so two of my nails were really stained and it kept making the polish look gold..lol. Instead I chose Rose, as it is sort of a natural, milky cream color. 





Ashlie also included a new ultra hydrating mani fizz! They are adorably packaged in one of those tiny chinese food-like containers! There were two fizzies total which were in a little cupcake paper cup and then inside a cute little plastic bag. Mine were purple, which are Love's Spell scented and have shimmer in them. They are packed with Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Almond oil, Grapeseed oil an Olive oil, natural Mica and organic herbs, roses or candied sprinkles for some.  

OMG, these smell amazing! Is it super hydrating? Yes! Did it leave  a hint of shimmer on my skin? Yes! But that smell...oh that smell. Heavenly!





Love this collection! Lots of different color and finish choices. Every polish had a great formula as well! The Venture Bros. "Dia De Los Dangerous" collection will be available in Ashlie's shop June 13th! Be sure to follow her for more information!
Shop | Instagram
She also has a Facebook fan page, where there are sometimes extra sneak peeks and special offers
Facebook Fanpage
Thanks for reading!

17 comments:

  1. Pretty collection! My fav is Mid-life Chrysalis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. operation prom is for me! I love a good nude shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I can't get enough nudes! (I'm not a pervert!) haha

      Delete
  3. I've not heard hesrd of this brand, but this collection is a winner. I really like all of them, especially the white crelly with blue glitter and the vampy holo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She makes really great stuff! That vampy one makes me weak in the knees!

      Delete
  4. I definitely need Mid Life Chrysalis, it's so gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Operation Prom and Mid Life Chrysalis are perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I love Tears of the Sea Crow! You captured all the colors beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I loved Operation Prom the best until I scrolled down to see Tears of the Sea Cow. Wowzers! This whole collection is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! And Tears of the Sea Cow has the most amazing formula!

      Delete
  8. Your macros make me drool!! It's hard to pick a favorite but 20 Years to Midnight keeps catching my eye!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous swatches! I absolutely love 20 Years to Midnight and The Dr. is Sin!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of pretties in this collection but Mid Life Chrysalis has to be my fav.

    ReplyDelete