Thursday, April 17, 2014

Weekly Manis

Hi everyone! Today I just wanted to share some of the manis I did over the past two weeks. This will be post 1 of 2.  I've been really practicing hard to up my nailart game and I think I'm finally getting there! I'm definitely proud of how far I've come in just under 4 months. If you're a new follower, you can check out my very first "nailart" attempt here and my first "swatch" here. At the time, I was super duper proud of them...lmao! Now all I can do is laugh and hope that no one scrolls down too far on my account..haha!
_________________________________________________________________________________

First up is my Neon Cheetah mani! I really love the way the me on colors pop out on the white base. this was my first time trying to print and I'm pretty pleased with the way it came out! I'm not sure why I was so scared to try before.

I used OPI Alpine Snow as the base and acrylic paint for the cheetah print.

_________________________________________________________________________________


This second mani was done using all 
of the colors from @whimsicalcolor's ( Liquid Sky Lacquer) Jordan Almond collection. 

This was my first purchase from Liquluid Sky Lacquer and I have to say that Carol makes amazing cream polishes. I added a small design using acrylic paint just a shade darker than each polish.


________________________________________________________________________________

This mani was created using OPI Alpine Snow as the base and black acrylic paint.  Not really sure what I was going for but this is what came out. One of the girls on Facebook mentioned that it 
reminded her of the storm troopers from Star Wars. hahaha. I totally agree!


________________________________________________________________________________

A lot of times when I'm having trouble coming what up with an idea, I just do a google image search for something random. For this one I searched swirls and grass and the picture on the left came up. My recreation of this is on the right. I really really like the way this one came out, very abstract!


_________________________________________________________________________________

This final mani was the product of my very first pupurchase from @winstonia_store (Winstonia). I had never used nail studs and was pretty excited when they finall arrived!

I used a base of Essie Sand Tropez and...you guessed it, acrylic paint!


_______________________________________________________________________________

I have been chosen to swatch for a couple new indie brands, so expect to see those post in the coming months!

Hope you enjoyed reading!

4 comments:

  1. It is a big difference between now and than, your nail design are original and fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It took a lot of practice!

      Delete
  2. I love the first one the most :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's one of my favorites as well!

      Delete