Friday, March 28, 2014

Vapid Lacquer - Swatches and Review


Today I have some amazing polishes from Vapid Lacquer to share with you! The owner Krys, is one of the nicest women you'll ever meet! She was kind enough to entrust some of her lovelies for me to show off!






First up is Catch Me If You Can. This is a wonderfully formulated creme, teal polish with a ton of linear rainbow. I did 2 coats with no topcoat. It's super shiny all on it's own, though for a lasting mani you may want to add a protective topcoat. It's also almost opaque in just 1 coat! I did thinner coats for better precision, but I definitely think that 1 thicker coat would do the trick. It has a smooth formula that went on like "buttah". Beautiful beautiful color. Pay no attention to my failed attempt at a skull and just focus your eyes on this lovely color!




______________________________________________________________________________

Next up is Stun Gun. This is a pink creme polish with a slight teal shimmer. This is opaque in 2 coats, though I did 3 with, again no topcoat. This color is absolutely beautiful and so girly. I'm not generally a pink lover, but I really like this one. The formula is great, super smooth and easy to apply. I couldn't bring myself to attempt to paint a stun gun on this, so I did a flower!





________________________________________________________________________________

This next one is AMAZING! Hallucinations is a linear holo overload! A gold and turquoise with olive qualities that packs a glorious sparkle. 2 coats with no topcoat, though it makes for a great subtle 1 coater. So sparkly that my camera had a hard time figuring out where to focus. I'm in love with this polish! Again, the formula is a smooth, easy to apply creme. My son doesn't generally pay any attention to my polish, but we played outside after I put it on and he kept saying "spawkee", which means sparkly! I couldn't bring myself to add any type of nail art to it. I just didn't want to cover up this glorious polish!





_________________________________________________________________________________

The final polish I have for you is T-rex Arms! All I could think of while putting this on was, "Big Head, Tiny Arms"...Haha! It is a lime green, creme base, filled with different shapes and sizes of pink and purple shaded glitters. So amazing! Totally opaque in 2 coats, though I did 3 for good measure. It dries slightly bumpy/smooth (if that even makes sense) due to the glitter, but 1 coat of top coat smooths it out perfectly. Don't think of that as a downside to the polish; it is an extremely common thing among glitters. I mean, duh...glitter is bumpy..lol! Such a fun polish!




_________________________________________________________________________________

I absolutely loved every one of these polishes. They ALL had amazing formula and coverage, and were easy to apply. My favs are definitely Hallucinations and T-rex Arms. Krys knocked it out of the park with those two!

Catch Me If You Can, Stun Gun and Hallucinations are all available in her shop now! T-rex Arms release date has yet to be determined at this time. Be sure to follow Vapid Lacquer on  Instagram, Facebook , Twitter: @vapidlacquer  and check out her Shop for more amazing polishes and T-rex Arm's release info.

Hope you enjoyed! Thank you for reading!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome review and gorgeous swatches! It is hard to choose a favorite for me I am so torn between Catch Me and T-Rex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Catch Me is insanely gorgeous and T-Rex is just so fun! ♡

      Delete